Last century, it was a working mine. Now, it's a multi award-winning Museum, turning out awe-inspiring sights and memorable family experiences.
So much to see and do. Rumble aboard our mine train as it rolls into the dark. Learn from informative but informal tour guides. Pan for real gold!
Come for a visit and see why this National Historic Site is rated 4 1/2 stars on Trip Advisor.
Make the most of your visit.
- Allow at least 1 to 2 hrs, quite possibly more for the complete Museum experience.
- Wear comfy shoes. It takes 48 steps up to where the train departs.
- Consider bringing a sweater. Our underground train ride is cool. Literally and figuratively.
- Prepare for short but loud noises during underground tours. You will receive plenty of warning. Parents of young children please click here for further information.
- Wander freely. Take in our ongoing film and interactive displays.
- Relax and re-charge over a snack in our coffee shop.
- Browse the Company Store for one-of-a-kind gifts, toys, books. Plus, thousands of gems and stones.
- Find us on the Sea-to-Sky Highway, halfway between Vancouver and Whistler. Parking is free.
To learn more about activities on site, please visit our Explore section for a detailed overview.
For further information, please view our site accessibility section or for parents with children 3 and under, please click here.